Newsletter

Friday 13 April 2018

FAQ

I thought it would be a useful place to share some of the FAQs and Answers to questions I often get asked when someone is considering joining my team.
These are in no particular order, but based on recent questions.
Q. What is the quarterly minimum and when are the quarters?
It is £270 catalogue price which is £225 net. The quarters are Jan-March, April-June, July-September, Oct-December.
When you join SU, you are already within a calendar quarter, so Stampin’ Up! allows you that first part quarter as a ‘grace’ period. A sort of settling in period for you to find your feet. So therefore, your first quarterly minimums don’t need to be met until the one after. For example, I joined in February, but I had all the way through until the end of June to meet my minimums, and anything I bought/sold during March also counted.
Q. What happens if I don’t meet my minimums?
You will be given an extra month to try and achieve them, but if you don’t, you are not required to return anything to SU, you aren’t obliged to do anything more, and aren’t tied in to anything. You will simply go into an ‘inactive’ state, and no longer be able to sell or buy at the 20% discount. However, should you want to rejoin, you can join the same upline immediately by buying a fresh starter kit. But should you wish to go to another upline, you must wait 90 days.
Q. Do my personal purchases count towards the quarterly minimums?
Yes! SU doesn’t mind who does the buying, whether it’s you, your neighbour, or someone else. They will just look at your total figures.
Q. How do I get the discount, and how do I earn commission?
As a demonstrator, you get the immediate 20% discount off the net price at the point you make your purchase through the dedicated demonstrator website. SU does all the calculations for you!  If you are selling to someone you receive the same 20% but as a commission rather than a discount.
Q. Can I earn more than 20%?
Yes, from your own personal sales, you can earn up to an extra 15% commission based on your total monthly sales/purchases.
And if you have a team, there’s extra earning potentional there too.
Q. Do I have to pay tax?
This depends on how much you sell, versus how much you buy.
If you sold £150 you would earn an approximate commission of £25. This would be the taxable amount. However, if you had purchased £100 worth of products for yourself and your business, then you are in a ‘loss’ position as far as income versus expenditure is concerned. To make a profit, you would need to sell 5 times what you spend to be in a profit situation. And it would depend on current income from other sources (day job etc) as to whether you would pay tax or not.
Q. I only want to buy products for myself. Is that okay?
Of course! I welcome all people to my team, whether they want to make a business, or get a discount for their own hobby, or anything in between. I appreciate all my team equally, and give as much support as I’m asked for, and as much guidance as needed.
Q. I think I might want to make this a business in the future, but at this stage, I just want to buy a few things for me, is it okay to change my mind as to what demo I want to be at a later date?
Yes! Every person who signs with SU and with my team joins up equally. We are all called demonstrators, even those who don’t actively demonstrate. However you choose to enjoy your SU benefits is up to you, and should you head down one ‘path’ and want to move in another direction, then I will fully support you along the way.
Q. I live 200 miles from you, can I still be in your team?
Of course! My team is all over the UK, as you will see from our team map on the right, and while we cannot get together as a whole group, I am in permanent contact with everyone as and when it’s needed, making one to one phone calls and dates.  In modern life, miles make no difference!
Q. Can I read the terms and agreement before I sign up?
Yes, and I recommend that everyone does. You can find the legalese HERE
Q. I would like to have an online business like you, can you help me with that?
Most definitely. There are no secrets to having a successful business, and research plays a key part, but I am happy to pass on my experiences to my team. I don’t share this with anyone and everyone, only my team.
Q. If I want to do videos, will you help me get started?
Like the previous question, there are no secrets to having a youtube business, but I only share my specific camera and video set up with my team, so of course, when you’re in the team, I will share everything with you!
Q. Do I have to have a blog?
No! Having a blog is beneficial, but not essential. You can have a successful business without any online interaction whatsoever. Blogs and social networking are still only a few years old, yet Stampin’ Up! is 25 years old…
I do hope this is useful to you, and I can’t wait for you to join Stampin’ Up! and to join my UK team of Inky Pinkies.
And of course, I may not have answered your question, so I will always be at the end of the phone, or the end of an email to answer it.
Patricia x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...