Friday 4 December 2020

Winter Woods Batch Cardmaking





I was a bit short of Christmas cards so
had to have a go at some quick and easy ones that I
could batch make and that would post flat!

I spent an absolutely fortune at the post office!!
When did second class stamps get so flippin' expensive!

Anyway, rant over 😂
I used winter woods stamp set for the trees
and stamped them in memento
 over my inked up sky using pacific point ink pad.
I add some Frost White paint along the edge and
flicked some over the sky.

I had initially masked off the area, top and bottom,
 to get a nice clean design.
The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set.
I made the mask so I could slip my cards inside it easily
to allow me to repeat the process quickly.
I have a video in my VIP Group showing how I did it.
Was pretty pleased to get half a dozen done in no time.

I would like to enter this into
 
It is extremely wet and windy outside today
but I have loads of  crafty orders to get sorted
so I will be kept warm and busy!
Have a great weekend everyone!

17 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very classy

Janette said...

Morning Pinky, don't get me started over postal charges, its a flippin disgrace, I could've had a meal out this year.!!
I think this card is fabulous I really do,stunning image I love it.xx

meg said...

Beautiful image and CAS card

brenda said...

And they are going up again in the New Year Pinky, I read the other day an extra .9p, that's exorbitant to my mind. I got all mine stamped up yesterday and it came to almost £50 with the overseas ones.

Back to your card and there's lovely depth with the shades of blue and second generation stamping. Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Chris said...

Stunning! I love this beautiful design Pinky.
I know exactly what you mean about the postage- no wonder lots of people don't bother sending cards any more.
xx

Bunny said...

Love the blues and the trees. It's a beautiful card.

I know all about the fees of mailing. Yikes! But oh how I love to send them. [Bunny]

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Mummylade said...

Really clean and elegant! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

Craft-E-Place said...

Beautiful card, your inked background is stunning. Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Less is More

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Pinky, I love how the background trees are just shadows and gives so much depth to the forest, gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is stunning, I too need to make a few more cards!! Argh!!! I about dropped the other day buying stamps!! Golly they were expensive. I do beleive they are going up in price at the start of the year again too!! I remember 2nd class stamps being about 10p!!! Stay Safe and have a lovely weekend, Hazelxx

Liz said...

What a lovely scene, I love how you made the scene into a panel. Beautiful card. I buy a book of second class stamps now and them throughout the year, then when Christmas comes I don't need to buy any. I know I don't spend any less, but then when Christmas comes I don't get a shock buying them all at once. x

Kathyk said...

Fabulous make and super colours

Happy Saturday

Kathyk

Sandra H said...

So lovely fabulous scenery and l found out l needed to do more cards too l have posted them too x

crafty-stamper said...

Regarding stamps I nearly dropped when she told me the price of the stamps when Iposted mine and they are going up again! Think there will be less cards posted next year so by putting them up people will post less-ridiculous.Love your fabulous card and the beautiful stamped trees
Carol x

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...