Thursday 2 May 2019

Journal page with Broadway Birthday




This is my second page in my art journal.
This one represents all our April Birthdays. We have 5 birthdays
in our own family and about 6 more in the wider family circle so
I thought it very appropriate to have a birthday page.
The Broadway Birthday stamp set and matching dies were just perfect
for the occasion as I love to add layered letters and shapes.
And of course with it representing birthdays we had to have some glitter
even though I HATE the stuff lol.


How I made this journal page
1. I made a wash using coastal cabana ink and water and covered
the outer edges of my page.
2. I then mixed grapefruit grove ink with gesso and using one of my
glass blocks I pressed the gesso ink mix onto my page and used a large
brush to spread and splodge about till I was happy with the look.
3. I then sprinkled some gold glitter on the centre piece.
4. Using the Broadway lights dies I cut the WISH out in fun foam and
then 2 more times in heavy card. I glued them all together
and added to my page.
This was then painted in the same gesso/grapefruit grove colour and left to dry.
5. I cut 5 candles x 3 each and the same for the flicker.
Layered them together, added to page and painted in a wash of coastal cabana
and gesso and so saffron and gesso and left to dry.
6. With the leftover coastal cabana and gesso mix I sponged around the edges
of my page to make it a little darker in colour.
7. I then stamped all my bits using various stamps from the Broadway Birthday.
First in costal cabana and then in memento to get a shadow effect.
I stamped numbers around the edges, cut up one of the sentiments and finished
with some wink of stella.

I would like to enter this into:

It's pre-order day for the new catalogue!! One of the perks of being a Demonstrator.
Order is in!! Now the wait begins lol.



Product List
Keep blog land alive by commenting and following blogs.
I am on the lookout for new bloggers, so follow me or leave a comment
and I will come check you out!
 Thanks for dropping by today.









Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.
I personally, do not use any of your information.



8 comments:

Cheriese said...

superb birthday page - what a great idea!! Had to stop by when I spotted this at the Simon Says Wednesday challenge xx

https://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com/

Chrissy said...

I love to watch art journalling on you tube..I love the look of art journalling, and I can make cards and I do canvases but flounder so much doing a page WHY??..I think this is fabulous Pinky..love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Great journal page and a great idea a birthday page-love the sentiment
Carol x

Sandra H said...

So love your journal page Pinky x

Becca Sadler said...

Pinky: how cool is your journal page?!!! Thanks so very much for linking to Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges! This is a refreshing format to see with so many crafters only submitting their cards. I love the depth and texture on your notebook page! Becca ~DT

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous page you have created for your art journal. Gorgeous background
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week ! Jo x

cass said...

Wonderful page for your Art Journal, great background. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Make your own background or Use Dies and or Punches.)" challenge.

mum of two said...

Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...