Tuesday 23 February 2021

Steampunk at Tag Tuesday




Our new theme at
has been chosen by the lovely Sandie
and she wants us to go with
STEAMPUNK! 

This was my first ever attempt at Steampunk.
I checked out some tutorials from my lovely friends Chrissy
and also some gorgeous projects from Janette
and this is what I came up with.

I ended up with pretty gross looking fingers lol
but I had great fun.
I used fun foam to cut the cogs using 
The jigsaw piece was cut out in foam
and I even glued on all the little left over
pieces from the die cuts.
I then added a soft clay butterfly and rose
that I had made years ago.
Everything was then coloured using black
paint and allowed to dry.
I then went in with my finger using
metallic rub ons.
I mounted it onto black card to finish.

I would like to enter this into

Hope you get time to join us!!

We have had a storm blowing from last night
and it's set to stay for the day.
So crafting and maybe finish the make over
I am doing to my furniture in the hall.
Wish me luck as I am working
on 4 hours sleep from last night!!
 


 

18 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful tag. You did a great job for your first one. Have a lovely day. Anesha

Janette said...

Oh my Pinky this is fabulous, its so well put together, I hope you do more and thanks so much for the mention I am flattered.xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW, thi sis stunning, what agreat first time make like this!! Love it. Good Luck with the make over. That wind is here in Scotland too with lots of rain so a crafty day for me too!! Hazelxx

Bunny said...

A great looking tag. Looks like you've been making them for years. I'd like to see some pictures of the furniture you're making over. [Bunny]

Chris said...

Oh I do love a bit of steampunk Pinky- your tag is fabulous!
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous tag, well done, it looks perfect! Sorry you got so little sleep. Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crafty-stamper said...

WOW absolutely brilliant steampunk tag -hope you get more sleep tonight and good luck with the furniture make over we have wind but a bit of sun too -even have a line of washing out today!
Carol x

Gillena Cox said...

Bravo. Nice one Pinky

Much💗love

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Pinky, well done it is superb asnd isn't it fun to do, just slap things on there and ink everything up, and I LOVE your butterfly..probably only get one tag out of mt this time..they take a bit of time don't they..fabulous...don't forget to take a Nana nap about 2.30..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Wonderful Pinky, well done it is FAB-U-LOUS..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

That comment i made last was supposed to be..Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at Little Red Wagon this week..

Luv CHRISSYxx

meg said...

A fabulous tag,love the colours and elements

Diane said...

Fabulous texture, colors and wonderful tag design Pinky.

Hugs diane

Claire said...

Wow looks amazing. Love all the texture and the colours

Sandra H said...

I do like to see a little steam punk love how you have created your tag x

Sandra Wright. said...

I had to smile when you wrote about your mucky fingers..I have gone days with stains on my hands from mixed media,lol.
Loving your Tag, very good for your first time. Much appreciated that you have played along with my theme,Thank you x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow, gorgeous tag! I love all the different textures that you have added, from the foam to the soft clay butterfly, which is so detailed. Your rose embellishment is striking too. You know you've had fun by the state of your hands after. I hope you manage to get more sleep. Take care, Michelle x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...