Sunday 5 September 2021

Your favourite stamp!


Our new challenge at STAMPING SENSATIONS is
STAMP OF THE MOMENT!
So share with us one of your favourite stamps at the minute!

We have a gorgeous mixed media prize up for grabs this month
so be sure and get your stamped projects in!


I have to admit I have had this beautiful stamp sitting for a long time
and never inked it up!
It's a Penny Black Slapstick stamp called Sunbursts.

I inked up my paper using coastal cabana, pumpkin pie and granny apple green inks.
Then I sprayed with water and allowed it to really soak into the paper.
When it started to bubble up I mopped it up with a baby wipe.
Next I stamped the image in memento black, a few times,
using my stamping board.
The edges were torn and I then stamped the sentiment.
When sticking to my black base card I decided to go with a
jaunty angle, forgetting I had stamped the sentiment for a
straight angle! Doh!
So I re-stamped the sentiment from  an old kit,
cut it out with a little white edge and covered my previous one.
I added some white sequins and finished by stamping
out a tiny butterfly onto a bit of the waste from my torn card.
The centres of the flowers were coloured using a
spectrum noir sparkle pen.

I hope you all get time to join us this month!
Be sure and pop over to the blog for lots of inspiration
from the design team.

I would like to enter this into



 

24 comments:

meg said...

The silhouette style stamped image looks fantastic against your inky background, love the torn edges

brenda said...

No secret I'm a big fan of silhouette stamps Pinky and this one looks lovely against the inky background and the torn edges.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful stamp,great background with the torn edges too-good to hear your arm is feeling better-what are we like between gardening and jigsaws lol can you imagine if we did any actually dangerous lol :)
Carol x

Bunny said...

This is beautiful. What a great background. [Bunny]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card, love the torn edges and that silhouette stamp! The sweet blended colours of the background and the little dimensional butterfly add a lo of interest!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge this month!

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done! Love the inked background you created for this pretty silhouette stamp!

Mrs.B said...

The silhouette flower looks fabulous against the inky background, it's a great stamp.
Avril xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pinky I absolutely love this wonderful creation the stamp you have used really stands out, I read the techniques you used to create the background and I take my hat off to you because this is one thing I really cannot do, I suppose we all have our strengths and weaknesses creating scenes and backgrounds is my weakness for sure, excellent card
hugs
lorraine x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the background colours with the strong image. Thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque as well. Anesha x

Chrissy said...

Lovely stamp Pinky, I love the solid stamps, and I love your background colours and card design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Melanie Hungerford said...

So pretty, just love how you added those colors to the background. Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks this week!

brenda said...

Just popped back to thank you for linking up at We Love Chocolate Baroque Pinky.

B x

Janette said...

This is so gorgeous Pinky it pops off the page I just love it.
Sorry not been around been quite poorly again, glad your feeling better.xx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and so creative as always you are x

Linby said...

The bold stamps looks great against your background. Well done on using NBUS and also for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

Darnell said...

I think I may have that stamp on my own NBUS mountain, Pinky, so thank you for the inspiration. I love that you used it as a silhouette against your beautiful smooched background and the torn edges really add interest! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lorraine said...

Oooh this is gorgeous, love the silhouetted flowers - so pretty
Lorraine x

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a peaceful, wonderfully pretty greeting. I adore the colours you used for your inked background. They harmonize superbly.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Tracy said...

Hi Pinky
Fabulous creation, great image and I love the background and design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jackie C said...


So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TTPH

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love the composition of the torn background Pinky the black stamped image amongst those sparkles works so well.. Lovely Thank you card.
Hugs Tracey xx

Twingomaus said...

Great card.
Thanks for joining us at the Kreativtanten Challenge.
Greetings Andrea

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is a gorgeous card and a beautiful stamp. Really striking stamped in black on that beautiful background that you have created. The torn edges really add to the texture too. love this one. Take care Michelle x

Lugkasteel Scrapbooking à la Hettie Krüger said...

Great projects Well done! Thank you for sharing it with us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.
DT Hettie du Plessis-Krüger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...