Thursday 7 October 2021

Tower Flap Card






Sorry for the photo overload but there are so many angles
to see with this fold I felt they needed to be seen.
When I saw the challenge over at
I had to have a go at the fold Valery-Anne was using.
It's called a Tower Flap Card
and it truly was a labour of love!
I spent the whole day on it, seriously.
But I was well pleased with the finished card
and as it's for my Mother-in-law's birthday this month,
I think it was worth it. She will be 82 this month and still loves
her make up and lipstick and goes to the hairdresser weekly!

I would like to enter this into

We are decorating our small front room which
my hubby used as an office. He's now in my old craft room
at the back of the house and I have moved to a brighter room
at the front of the house which is also the utility room lol.
I think I lucked out there!!
But we thought the small room would be easier to heat in the winter
with all these price rises coming!!
So we will just have the couch and a tv and our books.
Think I should call our house CHANGING ROOMS!
But it does help to keep everything fresh. You would not
believe where you would find cobwebs like Irish lace!







 

15 comments:

meg said...

A brilliant project Pinky looks so complex with many beautiful images and panels,not surprised it took you all day to make

Janette said...

Oh my word this looks complicated Pinky, a wonderful card for your MIL I am sure she will be amazed.
Good for you 'changing rooms', its all abit of a worry isn't it, but I have to say if my cobwebs looked like Iris lace I might have to leave them, its so beautiful.:))xx

Chris said...

This lookks amazing Pinky- such an impressive fold, your colours,papers and embellishments are beautiful.
xx

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my goodness. Your card is amazing. And it was NOT photo overload. I love seeing lots of photos of projects! Love the purple, the butterflies, all of it. I'm going to look up the challenge blog you mentioned and see if I can find info on how to make one of these. Don't know if I have the patience, but it does look fun. ... I agree than change is good. Have fun in your new room with more light! .... Happy birthday to your mother in law. Good for her for the make up and hair stuff. I quit wearing makeup daily when I started wearing bifocals because I can't see without them, and I can't put on eye make up with them. LOL .... Thanks for linking up at Crafting Happiness Challenges. I hope you'll share more of your creations.
Janis, Owner, Crafting Happiness Challenges

Liz said...

Amazing card, Pinky and I love the colours. Happy Birthday to your Mother-in-Law. xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Mrs A. said...

Certainly a labour of love but so so worth it. Pleased that you felt inspired to make the shape. Thankyou for coming and spending time in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crafty-stamper said...

THis is absolutely fabulous Patricia love the beautiful papers and images-beautiful.Talking of changing rooms we have been in every bedroom in the house changing rooms when son and grandaughters came home,then when daughter came home and my craft stuff has been in three different bedrooms!!!
Carol x

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Pinky, what a fabulous design, love the colours and decoration, looks so difficult..hope you enjoy your new room, I think it's good to move around, if you can't change rooms then shift furniture, if that is a fail you can put it all back again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sueb said...

Hello,
What a lovely card.
Thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at CRAFT challenge -theme being Anything Goes.Https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com
I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
With kind regards
Sue CRAFT DT
Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Greetings Sylvia Hoekman-DT.

Bunny said...

Wow! This is my 2nd time today seeing this fold. It's a beautiful card. [Bunny]

Kate said...

Such a pretty card! I’ve never seen such a fabulous design before. I’m so impressed!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...