Friday 7 July 2023

It's in the detail darlings!


As some of you know from my Facebook post,
I have finally retired from making personalised cards.
I have been doing it for just over 25 years now and did attempt
to retire when I turned 60 but stupidly did cards for some friends
who happily spread the word and I was right back
where I started.
So this year has been tough keeping up with them all and I think
when I took sick I had enough time to make the decision to quit.
I have since turned away 16 different orders even though they
know I have retired🙈

So I have about a week of orders to finish then that's me
FREE AS A BIRD.
I intend to spend more time on my Stampin' Up! and just
enjoying my crafty time with no pressure!

So today I have another card I made for my
VIP Group.
It uses a few scraps but is mostly CAS.
I have used a new bundle called Darling Details.

I would like to enter this into

9 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful CAS design,that on a closer look appears really intricate,love it,hope you're feeling much better

Janette said...

I fully back your decision to pack it in Pinky, it can all become too much and its not a pleasure anymore, well done, its not an easy thing to do. Just so long as we see you in blogland still thats fine by me :))
I love todays card, its really pretty.xx

Chris said...

I think you've made a very wise decision- you deserve some time to relax and enjoy your crafting without the pressure.
Your card today is delightful- so pretty!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

I do agree when it oversteps the enjoyable hobby line to becoming a chore-time to cut down or stop.Hope you are now feeling better too.Beautiful card love the use of scraps and pretty borders with the threaded card
Carol x

Sandra H said...

I hope you get to enjoy your retirement from making cards and commissions ones enjoy your free time ....this one is just so beautiful xx

crafty-stamper said...

Just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I hope you can keep to your promise to yourself. I did similar years ago, and it was hard saying no, but so worthwhile in the end. I LOVE this beautiful card.
Faith x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Pinky, beautiful, and good on you finally finishing up, I'm getting in the same boat, no time for myself..enjoy..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, I love the look and result. Hi Carol, Another stunning card, loved the green foliage background, very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...