Friday 7 September 2018

Blessed Christmas wishes




I had a special Christmas card request with a religious theme.
I have two sets I always turn to called
and
His Light
Both these sets are invaluable. They contain the most beautiful sentiments
which perfectly capture a religious feel.

I started with a base of Under the Mistletoe dsp.
I cut a large oval shape and then created a background scene
on some watercolour card using real red ink pad and water.
I flipped the paintbrush to create some white stars.
I then stamped the town scene from Night in Bethlehem
in black memento, repeat stamping without inking to add layers.
I stamped the figures in memento and cut them out.
After placing the scene behind the dsp I add a white oval layer.
I stamped the figures directly on top of these layers as it's very hard
to cut round some of the smaller pieces, like the staff and reins.
So when I cut out the individual figures I could raise them up to covering the flat stamping.
I added a white base which I had embossed using
and wrapped some red ribbon around it before sticking to card.
The sentiment was stamped in real red and added over ribbon using dimensionals.
The top sentiment was stamped in real red as well and I then rounded the corners off.
I added the recipients names via the computer.
The final piece was the star, stamped in pineapple punch and glittered

I really enjoyed making this one.

I would like to enter it into:


Thanks for dropping by today and leaving a comment.




Enjoy £130 worth of craft goodies of your choice for £99



10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a lovely peaceful scene ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Pinky..elegant and beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sandy said...

Beautiful card and background, Thank you for joining in our challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations.
Have a great weekend.
-Sandy, DT

Darlene said...

Oh Pinky this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

Darlene
Merry Little Christmas DT
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

AlisonC said...

A beautiful and atmospheric scene. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful festive card. I like the way have you used our sketch :-))
Thanks for playing with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and I hope to see you again next time, too.

lauren bergold said...

oh what a beautifully made card, i love everything about it, especially the way you stamped the town lighter as you went back, to give a sense of perspective! wow! thanks for celebrating "peace on earth" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Lorraine said...

Oh so pretty!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This holiday card is amazing in the pink! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Lady Joyful said...

Beautiful card and I love that background! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...