Thursday 25 April 2019

Journal Cover




For a long time I have wanted to do a kind of art journal.
My lovely friend Chrissy had produced an amazing mixed media piece
recently and it spurred me on!!
On Easter Saturday I had spent a lot of time out painting garden furniture
(we had lovely high temperatures over Easter)
so the cool of my craft room was calling and I finally started
with a nice cover for my journal.
This won't be like a bullet journal but more of a journal where
I can use stamp sets for the pages and leaving room for writing how I
am feeling or maybe nice or things that happen to me or my family.
Or it might just be where I can try different stamping techniques etc.
I hope to come back each Thursday with a new page!!
I hope you will enjoy them.

How I made my cover
1. I'm using a watercolour book with a black cover.
2. Using a piece of all my love dsp I ripped instead of cutting the size required.
I glued this to my cover.
3. Using lovely lipstick and gesso I mixed up the colour I wanted
and splodged onto my dsp, trying to leave the ripped edges white.
4. I punched myself lots of butterflies in plain whisper white card,
sticking each layer one on top of over until I was happy with depth.

5. These were stuck in place and coloured with the gesso mix.
When dry I stamped the butterflies, bodies and antennas.
6. Using the butterfly gala stamp set I stamped some wording here and there
in lovely lipstick.
7. I used the pretty label punch, again punching a few, layering them up
and covering in gesso mix.
8. When dry, I stamped the sentiment from same stamp set and added
some dots round the edge to highlight it using the lovely lipstick marker.
9. I cut the large butterfly from the Springtime Impressions dies
and covered it in a mix of all purpose ink - frost white and lovely lipstick ink.
This gave it a lovely shimmer. I then added some of the deeper coloured gesso
and stuck it to my book cover.
10. I finished by brushing ink round the black part of my cover
and adding some enamel dots here and there. The butterflies where given
a light cover of wink of stella for some sparkle.

I would like to enter this into:


Product List
Keep blog land alive by commenting and following blogs.
I am on the lookout for new bloggers, so follow me or leave a comment
and I will come check you out!
 Thanks for dropping by today.









Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.
I personally, do not use any of your information.



17 comments:

Jo said...

Ooh Pinky that's gorgeous, love the colour & the torn edges. Can't wait to see the pages xx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

It's nice to have a journal just for whatever you want to put in it. It'll be a fun project and resource for you.

The cover is lovely. I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Butterflies and Bugs challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Bunny said...

This is such a pretty journal cover. I do love the color pink and all the butterflies look great. [Bunny]`

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous journal cover Pinky love the butterfies x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful journal cover great sentiment and love all the butterflies
Carol x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous journal creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

Another one ticked of the list Pinky and what a beautiful cover it is as well and of course there was only one colour it could be wasn't there!! Thanks so much for joining our 'Blossoms, Butterflies and Bugs' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mummylade said...

Wow, lovely cover! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your creation.

Mrs A. said...

I love your idea. Love the butterflies and also the colour way chosen. Hugs Mrs A.

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous journal cover!! Love all the pretty butterflies!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

BożenA said...

A beautiful, very feminine journal cover. I love changing the color intensity, it makes your cover pulse with color.
Hugs,
BozenA

Doris P. said...

Wow! It´s really a Wonderful journalbook! Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.
Doris

Sheryl said...

Oh this is gorgeous.
I love the effect you have achieved here.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Chrissy said...

Oh Pinky, you did mention me didn't you, I'm so sorry I missed your cover project which is absolutey beautiful..I love the pinks and butterflies, and now you have inspired me to start my book..I did one page and left it at that..thank you Pinky.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Natascha said...

Great take on our notes challenge over at Stamps and Fun = CREATIVITY. Hope to see your creations again, hugs Natascha

@d_e_crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
@d_e_crafts said...

Let's hope the gorgeous journal cover inspires lots of entries! Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this time.

Debbie DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...