Friday 18 October 2019

Healing Hearts - Spotlight Technique




I am sharing my midway design team inspiration for our
October Challenge at Stamping Sensations.
Sorry for the poor photo but I have had pretty dark weather this weekl.

I decided to have a go at the Spotlight Technique when I saw my lovely friend Chrissy's card.
Photo is not great as I had to take it indoors because of our awful weather!

I used another new stamp set (I know I spoilt myself) called
Healing Hugs.
I stamped the leaves in memento ink, off stamping to get a grey shade.
I then cut a circle out of this just to the left.
I coloured the circle leaves using terracotta tile, old olive and so saffron inks
and wink of stella. The circle was placed back into place but raised on dimensionals.
I finished with a sentiment on a matching stamped background and
a bow made with copper thread.
The base card is made from Terracotta Tile card stock.

Be sure and pop over to Stamping Sensations where the theme is
Leaves/Trees/Autumn.

I would like to enter this into
613 Avenue - spotlight technique
Sweet Stampin' - Autumn colours or harvest
Classic Design Team Open Challenge - anything for design team
Crafty Cardmakers - sparkle
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Dream Valley - clean and simple
Hope you all have a great weekend x


Product List


Keep blog land alive by commenting and following blogs.
I am on the lookout for new bloggers, so follow me or leave a comment
and I will come check you out!
 Thanks for dropping by today.










Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.
I personally, do not use any of your information.



19 comments:

Sandra H said...

That’s a lovely card Pinky l really like the technique used with the colours on the middle so creative xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the spotlight technique and the sparkly leaves
carol x

Janette said...

Really love the spotlight technique and you designed this so well I love it.
Enjoy your day.xx

Natalia said...

Absolutely beautiful!☺

Chris said...

This is beautiful Pinky, love the spotlight technique -the coloured section looks so pretty with the lovely sparkle.
xx

N-Eva said...

Fantastic card! Truly beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the technique.xxx

Chrissy said...

Oh, wow,Pinky, this is just perfect..I love the soft colours and how gorgeous the spotlight is..I know next time not to frame my spotlight, this looks so much better..love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy said...

Beautiful card...Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.
Wendy x

Marlies said...

A beautiful card and a lovely effect with the spotlight technique. Marlies

meg said...

The coloured circle is beautifully coloured in gorgeous muted tones which look wonderful against the background stamping a beautiful card

brenda said...

This is really lovely Pinky and the spotlight works beautifully with the leaves.

B x

Viv said...

A clever card Pinky, the spotlight on the coloured leaves is wonderful!

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Maritza DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Sally H said...

Wow, Pinky! What a beautiful card! Love everything about it xxx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous spotlight card! Love the sparkly leaves! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Words and Pictures said...

The technique is really cool - and I love that your spotlit leaves are not only colourful but also sparkling in the light! Beautiful.
Alison x

Jo said...

That's beautiful Pinky, love that spotlight technique! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers!x

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful spotlight technique! Very nicely executed, indeed!

Thanks for accepting the challenge this month at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...