Monday 28 June 2021

Dragonflies and Butterflies




Happy Monday!

I didn't have much time to craft last week with
minding the Grandkids so what little time I had
I made some 3d dragonflies and butterflies.

My lovely friend Mary had used a layered butterfly
on one of her cards and when I admired it
(thinking she had made it herself)
she told me it was shop bought.
Sooooo, being who I am I had to have a go at making my own.

I used the dragonfly garden bundle and the now retired
butterfly gala stamp set and matching punch.
The ink colours are from the new in-colour pads.

I stamped them out onto silk card and clear embossed them,
using the shadow stamps for the underneath layer.
I then layered them up at the centre body with a bit of foam
and added some little pearls in gold and silver.
The butterflies had some soft wire antenna made
and popped in place.
I was quite pleased with the finished bunch
and they feel nice and heavy to withstand the post.
So watch this space for some creations using them up.




 

7 comments:

meg said...

These will make fabulous embellishments Pinky,they look so delicate in the pastel colours

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful butterflies and Dragonflies love the colours love the layering and pastel colours
Carol x

Janette said...

I love these beautiful makes Pinky, they are so pretty.xx

Bunny said...

These would be great to attach to a gift or a card. Or just hang from a doorway. [Bunny]

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These are beautiful and love their little antennae too! look forward to spotting them on your future projects, Take care, Michelle x

Liz said...

These are just beautiful Pinky. Looking forward to seeing them pop up on your future creations. xx

Chrissy said...

I'm glad you were pleased with yourself and your bunch of butterflies and dragonflies, it is a great feeling having a little stash of die cuts, makes creating fun and love your soft colours..

luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...