Newsletter

Friday 20 May 2022

Thanks a bunch!

  

This is my first go using this set from Lisa Horton Crafts
and I love it.
A few mishaps but I am really happy with my results.
I went a bit mad with the colours lol but it is a nice
splash for Spring/Summer.

The set is called Sunflower and Roses.
You get a set of stencils and then use a coordinating die
and finally run it through with the matching embossing folder.
The sentiment is from another LH set,
Blossoming Lily.
I added some free stencilling underneath the die cut
to add some volume. You just need to keep checking
where your finished flower will be and play around with your card.
I did trim off some of the flowers to get it right up into
the corner and leave room for my sentiment.
The base card has a hammered effect.
The ink pads are all from SU and are called
bermuda bay, real red, evening evergreen, lemon lime twist
and bumblebee. I was a bit heavy handed with the
evening evergreen but lesson learnt.

I would like to enter this into

We have thunder storms coming and going at the minute
and lots of rain. Keeping everything crossed for nice weather for my
Grandson's First Communion tomorrow!!
Have a lovely weekend and thanks so much for all your
lovely comments.



 

18 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Pinky! Thanks for linking to MTTC!! Your card is very lovely! The colors are refreshing and joyful! The texture on the flowers and levels/depths makes it special! --Becca/DT

Donna Scholz said...

Pinky, your card is super luscious! I love the look of layered stenciling, and your use of "fill" stenciling on the card base really gives your card dimension!! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Chris said...

How beautiful Pinky, the stencils are gorgeous and I love the design and the bright and lovely colours.
Will keep my fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow- hope you enjoy the day.
xx

meg said...

Hoping you get a dry day tomorrow and that you all have a wonderful time.
A beautifully designed card in fabulous vibrant colours

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Pinky, what a lovely set and I love your colours and card, gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rondos

Janette said...

Praying for a sunny day for you all Pinky..
This is such a beautiful card, I love the bright colours and the stencilling makes all the difference doesn't it.
I only ever bought one of Lisa Hortons EF and it bent so badly I can't use it now, it made me really sad because its such a gorgeous design.xx

Judy Woodland said...

I love those sets where you get the stencils, dies and embossing folders that coordinate. You have used this one perfectly, your colors are just fabulous!! Lots of great work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ CYHTP DT

Dena J said...

What a lovely summery splash of color! Very nice arrangement of your bouquet of die cuts. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous Spring/Summer card and love the flowers beautifully coloured.We haven't had any thunder storms yet thankfully but they keep forcasting them! Hope today went well and the weather stayed fine
Carol x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Stunning card, I love the bright colors! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

HilaryJane said...

I love this and the wonderful vibrant colours you used. I have my eye those Lisa Horton sets, but am trying very hard to put a dampner on my craft spending, without much luck unfortunately! xx

Kathy said...

Your card is just so pretty, I tried to find Lisa Morton Crafts online. Would it be possible for you to put the link on here, since I couldn't find it! Thanks so much!

Kathy said...

Pinky, I found it, I new glasses (going in June) I thought it was Morton, I reread more carefully! Sorry for the bother, I will start following your blog, Kathy

pinky said...

Glad you found it Kathy😘

Anna said...

What a beautiful card. I love the floral image and the pretty colors you have included. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, Design Team

MagsB said...

This is a lovely card, Pinky, what bright and cheerful colours! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...