Wednesday 27 September 2023

Playing card holder



My tutorial today is a playing card holder!
When the Grandkids are here they like to play cards and some
of them struggle to hold a big handful of cards at one time,
myself included lol. So I thought one of these would be handy
to have.
I did make one for each of them and in their favourite colour scheme.





I left space on the back to keep scores and a pencil is
easily kept neat and tidy in the stand itself.




Bonus, they fold flat for storing!

You can watch my tutorial here


Measurements needed to make one
Base card - 6" x 10"
Score long - 1/2", 4 1/2", 8"
Card for pockets - three pieces at 7" x 2"
Score long side at 1/2", 6 1/2"
DSP to decorate
two pieces at 1" x 5 3/4"
one piece at 1 7/8" x 5 3/4"
Top piece - 3/4" x 5 3/4"
Back piece - 3 1/4" x 5 3/4"

I would like to enter these into

Storm Agnes has now arrived. We, of course had an instant leak
but thankfully the boys got up on the roof to fix it.
Fingers crossed it holds out. They have promised to finish the
roof this week but who knows!!
Keep safe, hopefully she will be a mild one!

17 comments:

brenda said...

What a good idea Pinky, might try making one of those for Margo as she loved plating snap (animal cards of course).

B x

meg said...

A wonderful make Pinky,makes seeing the cards so much easier for youngsters

Sandra H said...

Oh wow what a great idea xx

Chris said...

Now that's a brilliant idea Pinky, will save those little hands a lot of struggling, love that they fold flat for storage too.
xx

Janette said...

These are a wonderful idea, I love these, may try and get round to making them because kids can get in a right old state with there cards. Thanks Pinky. xx

Carrie said...

This is absolutely brilliant! I love that you personalized them for each child, too! And having space on the back to keep score is so clever! Thank you for sharing this wonderful project at Creative Creases!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness, how fun and fantastic to make a cardholder, that is so clever Pinky.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

These are such a brilliant idea and fold away flat too.We used to play cards with the girls when they were young and they struggled holding all the cards.Quite windy here but not a lot of rain-sounds as though you are getting the worst and another leak for goodness sake!I even got bedding dry this morning.
Carol x

Donna Walls said...

Wow Pinky, this is such a clever idea and one I may have to CASE! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Paper Funday Challenge, and we hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Rae said...

Fantastic idea, Pinky! I've never seen one of these before. Thank you for sharing your creation on the Creative Creases Challenge.
Rae, DT

Liz said...

What a great idea Pinky, I love how you've personalised them. Hope the worst of the storms are over for you. We were lucky and just got a couple of light showers. xx

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, WOW! This is absolutely brilliant, Pinkie! Love everything about it and am now trying to think what else it could be used for. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Chrissy said...

Such a fabulous idea Pinky, my fingers don't spread as well now days so it would be good for me too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Rae said...

Pinky, Rae again. Congratulations on being chosen Creative Creases #66 winner! See you again soon!
Rae in Reno, DT

Lisa said...

Great playing card holder! Oh this would be so much fun for so many in my family. Thank you the video too.

JanR said...

What an excellent idea! I bet your grandkids love these! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Lo
ve this! It caught my eye when I was playing along at Little Red Wagon, will have to make a few!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...