Saturday 15 September 2018

Travelling to Bethlehem


I bought myself some Shimmer Paint and wanted to challenge myself
to mix it with inks and make some backgrounds.
So this is what I made!
It really does shimmer (you probably can't see that unfortunately).
I just wanted a clean and simple card.

I started by putting some ink on an ink block and mixed with the shimmer paint.
I used Bermuda Bay ink for the sky and Daffodil Delight for the sand.
On some watercolour card I painted over with water first,
then dipped into the colours and created the background.
Using the Night in Bethlehem stamp set I stamped in
Memento ink, the image and sentiment.
I matted it all onto black card then stuck to my base card.
I used a gel pen to add some twinkling stars.
I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt and will definitely
be trying the Shimmer paint on other items!

My sentiment is looking a bit wonky! Opps!
 So I will stamp again and layer it up!
We have a family bereavement at the minute so head is elsewhere.

I would like to enter this into:



Thanks for dropping by today.
If you like my blog, please subscribe and I will do the same for you.





Enjoy £130 worth of craft goodies of your choice for £99



3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Pinky..love the silhouette and the sand is fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the silhouette!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Macimbalo said...

Lovely Christmas card - you made a gorgeous scene and perfect for Christmas! Thanks for linking up at ATSM!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...