Thursday 27 June 2019

A Good Man - journal page


Today is Journal Thursday.
I can't believe this is my 7th page (including the cover).
It has been so much fun, so relaxing and has made me think about things
I don't normally give too much thought to.

My page today represents memories of me in my Dad's arms when I was young.
Every year we went to Bray for our holidays, which is a lovely
seaside town in the south of Ireland.
We spent a lot of time at the beach and when I saw this stamp it really
brought those memories to life so I knew I wanted to create a simple
page of me in his arms staring out at the sea.
He had this shirt that he wore on all his holidays which my Mum hated lol.
It was blue with a big yellow flower on it!!
This is my childhood interpretation of the beach where the sea just
seemed to melt into the sky.
I still love to stare at the sea and have a dream of some day living
somewhere close to the ocean.

My page was covered in a mix of gesso and seaside spray at the top
and daffodil delight at the bottom
I added some deeper colour to the water using balmy blue
and finished with dollops of gesso for a bit more effect.
I know it is not a fantastic take on the sea but it is my take.
For the sand I found some sparkly fluff and added it to the daffodil delight.
Looks much better in real life though.
I simple stamped and coloured the image and added a sentiment
which to me, sums it up exactly!

I would like to enter this into

It's a beautiful sunny day here today, hope it's nice where you are!!

Product List
Keep blog land alive by commenting and following blogs.
I am on the lookout for new bloggers, so follow me or leave a comment
and I will come check you out!
 Thanks for dropping by today.








Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.
I personally, do not use any of your information.



6 comments:

Bunny said...

What a nice journal. Such sweet memories. Cherish them as you do because many of us don't have them.

Now, my kids could relate to this and the shirt because they always ask my husband if has any other shirt? I think we see the same one on every holiday picture. It is funny. That's how memories are made. [Bunny]`

Mrs A. said...

What a lovely memory your journal page congurs up. Hugs Mrs A.

Ellen said...

Great page, well done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful journal page and full of memories
Carol x

Chris said...

What a beautiful page! So lovely that it brings back such happy memories, the image rally appeals to me...could be my son and granddaughter.
x

Janette said...

So sweet Pinky so filled with memories I love it.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...