Thursday 10 October 2019

A walk in the countryside journal page 12


This is the first time in ages I have felt like doing something in my art journal.
As usual it started out to be something entirely different!
I was working on the theme from Art Journal of dreams or wishes and this happened!
But I am pleased with it as I am not an artist at all!
Says you 'I know' lol.

I started by covering my page in a decoupage finish to stick down a paper towel
as I wanted some texture.
From that I just went mad with my inks and somehow ended up with a country scene.
I used gold thread along each of the hills but it's hard to see on here.
I added some fencing using my blend pens.
Stamped some trees and added leaves using my blends again.
Then I thought it needed some animals so I drew the sheep heads and
added the bodies by dipping a bud into gesso and dotting it on.
Then came the horse, or is it a donkey, or is it a giraffe lol.
As I say I am not an artist but I did have fun drawing him.
I finally stamped some grass in the lower field and that was me done.
I seriously had to walk away!!
But I will look at this page on a dull dark winter's day and dream
of being out for a lovely walk in the countryside.

I would like to enter this into:


Product List


Keep blog land alive by commenting and following blogs.
I am on the lookout for new bloggers, so follow me or leave a comment
and I will come check you out!
 Thanks for dropping by today.










Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog.
I personally, do not use any of your information.



16 comments:

Sandra H said...

Pinky this is so pretty x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Pinky.xxx

meg said...

you created a wonderful scene so much detail and texture, beautiful make

Words and Pictures said...

This is a great page... it makes me want to set out on a country walk right now. Sadly there's not much countryside in easy reach (there will be once I've moved next year!). I love how the greens shift and change from hill to hill and how the trees are just on the turn to autumn colours. Delightful.
Alison x

Bunny said...

Beautiful colors and a lovely page. [Bunny]`

froebelsternchen said...

This is a gorgeous scene! Awesome! Thank you so much for joining in at Art Journal Journey!
Much appreciated,
Susi

Chris said...

It's a beautiful countryside scene Pinky... love the little sheep and that definitely looks like a horse :))
xx

craftytrog said...

Such a beautiful country scene Pinky! I love the sheep and horse!
Alison x

brenda said...

Love today's journal page Pinky, a very calm scene, could be looking out of my window - except we don't have hills!

B x

Janette said...

Love it, I would say you are an artist Pinky, this is very artistic, keep at it.xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

You're not an artist like Grandma Moses wasn't as artist, Pinky! Fabulous page. Thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. Eileen xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page and scene,great background texture,your horse and sheep are brilliant!!!
Carol x

sirkkis said...

Peaceful countryside feeling in this beautiful page.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is just gorgeous. You created a wonderful scene. Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!

Kuni said...

Such a stunning card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Andree said...

A gorgeous journal page. You've created a wonderful scene full of fabulous detail.
Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...