Newsletter

Friday 12 July 2024

Summer has begun!



I had this lovely pack of paper which had only a few sheets used
and I thought it would make a perfect album for my
Grandsons Sean and Tom for their holiday adventures this year.

The paper pack is from Echo Park called Dive into Summer
and it is full of lovely papers along with these great little
cut outs which work perfectly with the photos.
They have had one quick camping holiday already
and have just upgraded from a tent to a camper van so
lots more photos to come!

For the album itself I followed a tutorial from Gloria Scraps.
It measures 5" x 3 1/2" and has flip ups, tri folds and pockets.


Thankfully I had just enough papers to cover everything!!
I decided on a snap button closure as it was not staying closed
as I packed it with so much stuff lol and in order to secure
my closure I had to back the front paper in sticky back plastic!

 

I used some fabric on the side for a beachy look and added a little charm.

You can watch a quick walk through here


I would like to enter this into
making mini albums

It's overcast but dry today so we are heading out
to paint the fences!!
Enjoy your weekend.

10 comments:

brenda said...

What a great idea for the boys Pinky, wonder what secrets they will share inside.

B x

Janette said...

How wonderful for them, I can only imagine the fun they will have and be able to pack this little album to the brim.
Have a good weekend. xx

meg said...

Sounds as though they'll have a great time in the camper van and have lots of pics to add to their album

Liz said...

What a lovely project, Pinky. I'm sure your grandsons will have lots of fun filling it and it will be a lovely keepsake.
Liz xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun book Pinky, I love the papers and the fabric hope there's lots of pockets, I better nip off and watch the video..love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JanR said...

Wonderful album! Using a snap closure is so smart! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Sandra H said...

This Pinky is brilliant what a fantastic idea and keepsake x

Lorraine said...

What a brilliant make for the boys, a perfect way for them to record their holiday.
Lorraine x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Pinky, what an amazing album for the boys to hold their memories. Wonderful work. x

Cecilia Benjamin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...