Newsletter

Friday 9 August 2024

Oh Christmas Tree!


A Christmas card, I know!!
I came across a card on Pinterest that I liked the look of.
There is a tutorial for it on Iced Images but I wanted to make
one just using a pre folded card base.

I cut the tree pieces to suit the height of my card,
ran it through the dotty embossing folder then cut it down in 1"
pieces, reducing the width for each slice.
I then cut at an angle on each piece to form the tree.
The base is just a rectangle cut in two and I embossed
it with lines on my embossing board.

I added some punched stars in silver to the top
and the sentiment was stamped onto a circle of the same paper
from a stamp set called Snowman Season (SU),
backed onto a die cut circle in silver.
The sentiment inside is from the same set
stamped in black ink.

Another one for my slowly growing pile!



I would like to enter this into

I see I have another new follower! Always puts a smile on my face.
Welcome to my blog Karen!


10 comments:

Janette said...

This is such a gorgeous card Pinky, nice idea for the outside and the inside is stunning. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You are clever Pinky, this is a wonderful design with beauty too. x

Chris said...

this is lovely Pinky, a beautiful snowy scene inside , the layered tree outside is a clever idea, love the icy blues! Might need to think of something cool this weekend if the temperatures reach what they say they will!
xx

meg said...

A fabulous icy paper and tree with a beautiful inner and sentiment

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card inside and out, beautiful paper and love the tree.
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Pinky, I love the design and papers and gorgeous tree..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Liz said...

Lovely card, Pinky and what a lovely surprise when the card is opened.
Liz xx

Cathie w said...

LOVE IT , THANKS FOR JOINING US AT CRAFTY GALS CHALLNEGES

Glittertastic said...

I love everything about this card - the inside is just as lovely as the outside - well done you!
Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Dream Valley.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

Sandra H said...

This is a gorgeous tag x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...